from 160 EUR/week
- Standard. Improve your general linguistic communication skills and still have free time on your hands
- Intensive. Compared to standard it offers 5 additional lessons per week dedicated to oral communication
- Premium. Designed for students who seek rapid progress
- Private. Intensity and duration based on your needs. Option of combining it with group classes
- Exam Preparation. For students preparing for German TELC, TestDaF or Goethe exam
from 155 EUR/week
- Host Family close to our school. Either half-board or breakfast-only meal options
- Self-catering homestay. Single room accommodation in a shared apartment with locals, with no-meal plan
- Student Apartment. For ultimate independence choose a student apartment! Single and double rooms available
- Residence. Located in Berlin Mitte, five minutes walking distance to the famous Brandenburg Tor
- Hotel and Bed & Breakfast. From the most basic to the most luxurious, we arrange it for you
The time outside of the classroom is just as important to fully take advantage of your language immersion experience!
ALPADIA offers various after-class activities from Monday to Thursday every week!
- Outdoors: Bowling, Beers, Football match, Ice skating, etc.
- Visits: Day-trips to different cities, famous landmarks, museums, etc.
- Cooking: Put your cooking skills to the test by following tasty recipes entirely in German!
- Films: Original German movies but also from all around the world, in German.
Ana Rosa Ruiz Gunter
When I arrived in Freiburg, I didn’t speak a single word of German. I was a little scared of the people, the school, the city because I had never been to Germany. But from the first day onwards, everything was great.
The teachers at the school are very friendly and attentive and we spoke only German in class. In addition, the school offers various activities and excursions in order to give us an opportunity to learn more about German culture. The other students came from all over the world and made my stay in Freiburg an unforgettable experience. I met people from Switzerland, Turkey, the United States, Spain, France, Russia, Japan, Uruguay and Australia.
As mentioned earlier, I was a complete beginner in German. I took part in the standard course. I stayed there for 9 months as a whole and I now have level C1. The learning method of the school allowed me to make rapid progress.
The host family was great and we talked everyday. It was a great opportunity to discover German culture in an authentic setting. The city inhabitants are very helpful and there are many indications for non German-speaking people.
My stay in Freiburg is drawing to an end. I will miss the school. It was definitely one of the best experiences in my life.
My name is Alexey and I studied German in Freiburg for 4 months.
I was a complete beginner and I took an intensive course. My friend recommended Alpadia Language Schools to me, but I had to choose between Berlin and Freiburg. I chose Freiburg because: it is the sunniest town in Germany, it is perfectly located on the border with Switzerland and France and it is a student town, so it is a great place to make friends with other young people.
The classes allow for full immersion in the language as the teachers speak only German so you can hear and memorise simple sentences and words from the very first day. The teachers combine grammar with interesting games, pair work and exercises that help you to assimilate the new material. It was very important for me because I had the opportunity not just to build sentences in writing but also to use them in speaking.
Every Monday, the school shows movies in German with subtitles, on Wednesdays, excursions to museums are organised and on Saturdays, there are trips to other nearby cities. All this allows you to communicate with other students and practise the language. One of the best things about this school is the teaching staff, who are very professional and dedicated, and I know for sure I will continue my studies at Alpadia next year.”
Swiss-Quality immersion experience
- Dynamic classes
- Effective style
- Course books
- Updated continuously
- Interactive methods
- Small groups
- Digitally advanced technology
Always in touch
- Guidance to choose the right course
- Assistance with accommodation booking
- Walkthrough the visa / permit process
- Organization of transfers
- Quality accommodation
- Wide range of options
Activities & School life
- Afternoon group activities
- Organized trips & weekend excursions
- Insider tips