from 160 EUR/week
- Standard. Improve your general linguistic communication skills and still have free time on your hands
- Intensive. Compared to standard it offers 5 additional lessons per week dedicated to oral communication
- Premium. Designed for students who seek rapid progress
- Private. Intensity and duration based on your needs. Option of combining it with group classes
- Exam Preparation. For students preparing for German TELC, TestDaF or Goethe exam
from 155 EUR/week
- Host Family close to our school. Either half-board or breakfast-only meal options
- Self-catering homestay. Single room accommodation in a shared apartment with locals, with no-meal plan
- Student Apartment. For ultimate independence choose a student apartment! Single and double rooms available
- Residence. Located in Berlin Mitte, five minutes walking distance to the famous Brandenburg Tor
- Hotel and Bed & Breakfast. From the most basic to the most luxurious, we arrange it for you
The time outside of the classroom is just as important to fully take advantage of your language immersion experience!
ALPADIA offers various after-class activities from Monday to Thursday every week!
- Outdoors: Bowling, Beers, Football match, Ice skating, etc.
- Visits: Day-trips to different cities, famous landmarks, museums, etc.
- Cooking: Put your cooking skills to the test by following tasty recipes entirely in German!
- Films: Original German movies but also from all around the world, in German.
My name is Alexey and I studied German in Freiburg for 4 months.
I was a complete beginner and I took an intensive course. My friend recommended Alpadia Language Schools to me, but I had to choose between Berlin and Freiburg. I chose Freiburg because: it is the sunniest town in Germany, it is perfectly located on the border with Switzerland and France and it is a student town, so it is a great place to make friends with other young people.
The classes allow for full immersion in the language as the teachers speak only German so you can hear and memorise simple sentences and words from the very first day. The teachers combine grammar with interesting games, pair work and exercises that help you to assimilate the new material. It was very important for me because I had the opportunity not just to build sentences in writing but also to use them in speaking.
Every Monday, the school shows movies in German with subtitles, on Wednesdays, excursions to museums are organised and on Saturdays, there are trips to other nearby cities. All this allows you to communicate with other students and practise the language. One of the best things about this school is the teaching staff, who are very professional and dedicated, and I know for sure I will continue my studies at Alpadia next year.”
At the beginning, I wanted to go to Heidelberg, but Alpadia had more suitable start dates, so I picked Freiburg. It was a good choice! I love to take part to the school's activities. It's a great chance for speaking and learning German.
At the beginning, I didn't speak a word of German, but thanks to the many activities I immediately started to speak German and quickly improved.
I liked all the activities a lot, but laser-tag, ice skating and bouldering were the best!
Many times I also ask my colleagues, who speak German better than I, to translate or explain me things, so that I can learn all the time.
Coming to Germany was great! I definitely want to repeat this experience for learning other languages in future swell!
Swiss-Quality immersion experience
- Dynamic classes
- Effective style
- Course books
- Updated continuously
- Interactive methods
- Small groups
- Digitally advanced technology
Always in touch
- Guidance to choose the right course
- Assistance with accommodation booking
- Walkthrough the visa / permit process
- Organization of transfers
- Quality accommodation
- Wide range of options
Activities & School life
- Afternoon group activities
- Organized trips & weekend excursions
- Insider tips