from 160 EUR/week
- Standard. Improve your general linguistic communication skills and still have free time on your hands
- Intensive. Compared to standard it offers 5 additional lessons per week dedicated to oral communication
- Premium. Designed for students who seek rapid progress
- Private. Intensity and duration based on your needs. Option of combining it with group classes
- Exam Preparation. For students preparing for German TELC, TestDaF or Goethe exam
from 155 EUR/week
- Host Family close to our school. Either half-board or breakfast-only meal options
- Self-catering homestay. Single room accommodation in a shared apartment with locals, with no-meal plan
- Student Apartment. For ultimate independence choose a student apartment! Single and double rooms available
- Residence. Located in Berlin Mitte, five minutes walking distance to the famous Brandenburg Tor
- Hotel and Bed & Breakfast. From the most basic to the most luxurious, we arrange it for you
The time outside of the classroom is just as important to fully take advantage of your language immersion experience!
ALPADIA offers various after-class activities from Monday to Thursday every week!
- Outdoors: Bowling, Beers, Football match, Ice skating, etc.
- Visits: Day-trips to different cities, famous landmarks, museums, etc.
- Cooking: Put your cooking skills to the test by following tasty recipes entirely in German!
- Films: Original German movies but also from all around the world, in German.
I booked a German course, because I need German for my profession. This is very important in Switzerland. I decided to book a course at ALPADIA because the course structure and duration are very flexible. I did not have much time to learn German and was able to register quickly.
The school is well organized. The premium class is very good. What I learned in the Standard class, I could put into action for the Premium class.
My goal was to reach the B1 level. Here I have noticed that I'm going need more time to achieve this goal. Maybe it's good to talk before the course with the students about goals, desires and plans.
At first, I stayed in a student apartment. It's good to start to speak with other students. I then moved to a family which was more intense. I learned a lot of vocabulary for everyday use and a lot of expressions. My family tells me, for example: "Lass das ruhig hier." It's better that way. It's nice to learn a lot of new words.
I like Freiburg very much! It is not too big nor too small; it is similar to Switzerland. It is always easy to travel to Switzerland - which is good for me because I have a few job interviews there.
There are many language schools in Freiburg - my brother and myself had a look at all of them first and at the end we decided to enrol at Alpadia (my brother has studied in this school many years ago already). At Alpadia Freiburg there is a very nice atmosphere… it feels like being in a family! The apartment is perfect, situated in a quiet area and at the same time actually in the city center. I even bought a second-hand bike - it's great to come to school by bike! I like the city very much, it's a student town: there are a lot of young people and bars. The language course I really like. After three months now I can say, that I want to stay another three months. Each week a lot of students leave and new students arrive - sometimes I am really sad if other students leave. I have made wonderful friends. We are doing everything together! I did not participate in a lot of activities. Once it was only myself at the DVD evening and on Saturdays I don't have a lot of time as I am studying. The bakery in school is fantastic! That's a really great idea and thing to have!
Swiss-Quality immersion experience
- Dynamic classes
- Effective style
- Course books
- Updated continuously
- Interactive methods
- Small groups
- Digitally advanced technology
Always in touch
- Guidance to choose the right course
- Assistance with accommodation booking
- Walkthrough the visa / permit process
- Organization of transfers
- Quality accommodation
- Wide range of options
Activities & School life
- Afternoon group activities
- Organized trips & weekend excursions
- Insider tips