from 160 EUR/week
- Standard. Improve your general linguistic communication skills and still have free time on your hands
- Intensive. Compared to standard it offers 5 additional lessons per week dedicated to oral communication
- Premium. Designed for students who seek rapid progress
- Private. Intensity and duration based on your needs. Option of combining it with group classes
- Exam Preparation. For students preparing for German TELC, TestDaF or Goethe exam
from 155 EUR/week
- Host Family close to our school. Either half-board or breakfast-only meal options
- Self-catering homestay. Single room accommodation in a shared apartment with locals, with no-meal plan
- Student Apartment. For ultimate independence choose a student apartment! Single and double rooms available
- Residence. Located in Berlin Mitte, five minutes walking distance to the famous Brandenburg Tor
- Hotel and Bed & Breakfast. From the most basic to the most luxurious, we arrange it for you
The time outside of the classroom is just as important to fully take advantage of your language immersion experience!
ALPADIA offers various after-class activities from Monday to Thursday every week!
- Outdoors: Bowling, Beers, Football match, Ice skating, etc.
- Visits: Day-trips to different cities, famous landmarks, museums, etc.
- Cooking: Put your cooking skills to the test by following tasty recipes entirely in German!
- Films: Original German movies but also from all around the world, in German.
I chose Freiburg because it is a sunny student town close to Switzerland. The school is well located close to the centre. There is a wide range of restaurants where you can have lunch and dinner at reasonable prices. It is important for me to learn German because I need it for my studies.
After working for 9 years, I decided to take a break and improve my German with an intensive German course in Freiburg (also in order to be able to work in German-speaking Switzerland). I chose Freiburg because the city is close to the Canton of Tessin (Italian-speaking Switzerland), which made it easy for me to go back home whenever I wanted. Besides, I had spent a holiday there and had really enjoyed it.
During the first weeks of the course, I met many people from Switzerland and the whole world and I had friendly, experienced and dedicated teachers. I liked it so much that I decided to extend my stay for another 10 weeks, for a total duration of 22 weeks. At the end of those 22 weeks, I took the TELC exam for level B2.
During my stay, I tested different accommodation options: apartment, residence and host family. Freiburg is a beautiful town, not too big, which is home to lots of welcoming restaurants and bars where you can have lunch at a reasonable price. It has plenty for sports fans: I could practise squash and beach-volleyball. Besides, the public transportation network is excellent and well organised. During these 22 weeks at the school, I improved my German language skills, had a great time and made new friends.
In short, I recommend the Alpadia school and the town of Freiburg im Breisgau to everyone wishing to experience a language study stay combining learning and leisure. I also thank the staff of the school."
Swiss-Quality immersion experience
- Dynamic classes
- Effective style
- Course books
- Updated continuously
- Interactive methods
- Small groups
- Digitally advanced technology
Always in touch
- Guidance to choose the right course
- Assistance with accommodation booking
- Walkthrough the visa / permit process
- Organization of transfers
- Quality accommodation
- Wide range of options
Activities & School life
- Afternoon group activities
- Organized trips & weekend excursions
- Insider tips