from 160 EUR/week
- Standard. Improve your general linguistic communication skills and still have free time on your hands
- Intensive. Compared to standard it offers 5 additional lessons per week dedicated to oral communication
- Premium. Designed for students who seek rapid progress
- Private. Intensity and duration based on your needs. Option of combining it with group classes
- Exam Preparation. For students preparing for German TELC, TestDaF or Goethe exam
from 155 EUR/week
- Host Family close to our school. Either half-board or breakfast-only meal options
- Self-catering homestay. Single room accommodation in a shared apartment with locals, with no-meal plan
- Student Apartment. For ultimate independence choose a student apartment! Single and double rooms available
- Residence. Located in Berlin Mitte, five minutes walking distance to the famous Brandenburg Tor
- Hotel and Bed & Breakfast. From the most basic to the most luxurious, we arrange it for you
The time outside of the classroom is just as important to fully take advantage of your language immersion experience!
ALPADIA offers various after-class activities from Monday to Thursday every week!
- Outdoors: Bowling, Beers, Football match, Ice skating, etc.
- Visits: Day-trips to different cities, famous landmarks, museums, etc.
- Cooking: Put your cooking skills to the test by following tasty recipes entirely in German!
- Films: Original German movies but also from all around the world, in German.
My arrival in Freiburg was smooth, because the city is close to Frankfurt. I reached the city by long-distance coach, that´s cheaper!
The apartment was really tidy and the lady had furnished everything really nicely. The location was good, too. You can reach it easily using the tram.
Freiburg is a nice city, neither too big nor too small and you can make many excursions from here. I like the life here a lot, that´s why it´s my second time here.
I was in Freiburg already 7 years ago. You can do everything here: go to the theatre, to restaurants, to pubs and even shopping!
The classes depend a lot on the teacher. We are having a lot of fun learning grammar and having the chance to speak a lot and to discuss with the other students. I like it!
There are many Swiss students here, but luckily they talk German to me. We get along very well together, especially now that I am not afraid of talking anymore, even though my German is not perfect yet.
Maybe the free time activities could be more varied. It would be great if we could go visit the local market place or go to a concert together!
Everything worked perfectly before my arrival: I had written many e-mails and the friendly and precise answers to my enquiries allowed me to take my decision.
After my language course I would really like to find a job in Germany. Next week I even have a job interview in Bavaria!
Mark Jeffrey Phillips
What has made the most profound impression upon me during my experience at the Alpadia School in Freiburg are the students with whom I have had class and whom I have gotten to know in my free time. Spending time with individuals from France, Switzerland, and Spain, among a number of other places: these are the experiences that one should have when traveling abroad to learn a language.
At times, the only common language between me and another student was German, which was at first difficult to grapple with. But what I discovered via these experiences was an even stronger compulsion to improve my faculty for the language. Such is the case when one engages in this kind of experience: one is driven to improve in order to fully exist somewhere other than home: to learn how those from another country laugh in their language, how they write, how they may wish to live. This helps not only in developing one's Sprachgefühl, but also in developing a feel for the culture in which that language thrives."
Swiss-Quality immersion experience
- Dynamic classes
- Effective style
- Course books
- Updated continuously
- Interactive methods
- Small groups
- Digitally advanced technology
Always in touch
- Guidance to choose the right course
- Assistance with accommodation booking
- Walkthrough the visa / permit process
- Organization of transfers
- Quality accommodation
- Wide range of options
Activities & School life
- Afternoon group activities
- Organized trips & weekend excursions
- Insider tips