United Kingdom Visa

All the information you need.

alpadia UK

Frequently Asked Questions

All the information you need to know about your visa for United Kingdom

Is a visa required to study in the UK?

All students, including those from the EEA, will need a visa to study in the UK starting on January 1, 21.

EEA citizens You can enroll in a Kaplan school as a guest if you are an EEA national and want to study for up to six months. You do not need to apply for entrance permission. Before traveling to the UK, you must apply for a short-term study visa (11 months) if you want to enroll in a programme for more than six months that is solely taught in English.

Non-EEA citizens If you are a non-EEA citizen who wants to study in the UK for up to six months, you must first apply for a visitor visa in your home country.

You must apply for a short-term study visa (11 months) in your home country if you want to study for longer than six months. All students 16 years of age and older may apply through the Student Route to Kaplan International Edinburgh, which maintains a Sponsor license, to continue their post-16 education.

When do I submit my visa application?

It is crucial to submit your application well in advance of the start of your course.

Many students don't give themselves enough time because they underestimate how long the procedure will take.

Your application can ask you to provide documentation of your financial situation and credentials, as well as proof of certain immunizations or, if you're from a region where TB is prevalent, a chest x-ray. attend a biometric test or an interview Depending on your nation, average processing timeframes for visas might vary. The visa service sites of UKVI might provide you some inspiration.

What requirements must I meet to be eligible for a student visa through the student route?

To be qualified for a student visa through the points-based system, you must:

  • Apply to a university that has been recognized by an organization recognized by UK Visa & Immigration and possess a sponsor license.
  • Obtain a CAS from the institution Have enough money set aside to pay for your study and housing in the UK.
  • Get a SELT (secure English language test)

How do I submit a student visa application?

You have a few options for applying, including in person, online, by mail, or by courier.

The staff at the visa application office, also known as the Visa Section (visa application office), can provide you with information on the best application processes. Only online applications will be accepted by some visa departments.

Visit the visa 4UK website to see if you can apply for your visa online. It is best to apply for a student visa in the nation of which you are a citizen or where you are currently residing lawfully.

How can I demonstrate that I have enough money when I apply for a student visa?

If your course is shorter than a year, you must show immigration officials that you have enough money in your bank account to pay for the entire course as well as your living expenses for the first nine months of your stay in the UK, which are calculated at £1265 per month for London and £1015 per month for the rest of the UK.

A statement of bank accounts a passbook of the building society/savings account variety a dated and signed letter from a financial institution confirming your ownership of the account, its account number, and the existence of funds in the account for at least 28 days.

You are permitted to use your parents' bank account, but you must submit a birth certificate and an accompanying letter from your parents stating that they have granted you permission to do so. 

How can I demonstrate that I have the necessary minimal English language proficiency when I apply for a student visa?

When applying for a student visa, you must provide proof to the UK Embassy or Consulate that you have a least CEFR B1 English language proficiency.

The exam must be included on the UKVI website's authorized SELT (secure English language test) list; make sure to check for the most recent list.

What happens if I only speak elementary or beginner English?

If your level of English is below CEFR B1 (i.e., beginner or elementary), you can only initially apply for a visitor or short-term study visa. Once you have attained the necessary level, you will need to reapply for a student visa in your home country.

How does the sponsorship process work for my course?

You must submit a stamped letter of confirmation on business stationery from your official sponsor.

This letter needs to say:

  • Your full name 
  • The sponsors name
  • Period of sponsorship Verification that your sponsor will cover all of your tuition and living costs. In situations of partial sponsorship, you must demonstrate that you have enough money in your account to pay the remaining fees and living costs.

How should I handle my paperwork?

All required documents must be submitted in their original form when applying for a visa. Additionally, because they will be searched again at the UK border, we highly advise them to include duplicates in their hand luggage.

Once I receive my visa, is there anything else I need to do?

Instead of getting a visa that is valid for the whole length of your course, if you apply for a visa (outside of the UK) for a study that is 6 months or more, you will instead be given a temporary visa that is only good for 30 days.

You will only be able to enter the UK with this:

  • you will then need to pick up your course-specific visa.
  • Passport - please bring to school on your first day
  •  each student’s passport photo page and UK visa details will be photocopied and stored in your student file.

You must provide full contact details (full address and a telephone/mobile number) to school staff on the first day, even if you have made your own accommodation arrangements.

We also require contact details of a next of kin. If you arrived on a student visa you must bring the original evidence you provided to obtain your visa. The school will check your attendance in class daily.

Kaplan International Languages expects you to attend all you classes.

You must inform the school in advance of any planned absence such as an official appointment or family commitment. In these cases, you must present documentary evidence like an appointment card, official letter to request absence (etc.) to the school staff.

In the event of an unexpected illness, you are required to telephone the school on the morning of your illness. If the illness persists, you should seek medical advice and arrange for a doctor’s note.

The visa you will receive is a different document called a Biometric Resident Permit (BRP) (referred to as a Biometric Immigration Document or BID). Within ten days of your arrival in the UK, you must pick up your BRP.

How much will my visa cost ?

$348.00 for a student visa (for those coming from outside the UK).

£95 for a visitor visa (applying from outside the UK) Visa for Short-Term Study £186.00 *Prices accurate as of November 26, 20

Can my visa be extended in the UK?

In the UK, visa extensions are not permitted for students on Visitor or Short-term study visas. If you are a student at KI Edinburgh and are in the UK on a student visa, you may request for an extension as long as you can demonstrate academic progress.

Where can I find additional information and advice?

Please visit the official website to contact UK Visa and Immigration. To aid overseas students in getting ready to study in the UK, English UK also offers helpful information.